Directions for Claiming a Business Incentive Youth Rebate
• The rebate is equal to 15% of the gross wages paid to a Youth (16 – 24 incl.) on an eligible project. The youth must be a Yukon resident. There is no need to identify the youth’s age on the Employment Report; ages are checked at the same time Yukon residency is checked.
• Where a youth is also an apprentice, only the apprentice rebate will be applied to that employee’s wages. Youth and apprentice rebates are paid in addition to the labour rebate.
• Ensure the youth has filled out and signed the:
Employee Information and Release form
Note: Contact the Business Incentive Program for a copy of the new Employee Information and Release form.
• Identify the youth’s duties and list all on-site hours for the youth on the:
You may list the youth hours on the same Employment Report used for all other employees.
• A Statutory Declaration will need to be signed before the claim can be paid out. You may stop into the Business Incentive Office to sign this form and have it notarized at no cost or you may print off the form, complete it, have it notarized and bring it into the Business Incentive Office.